Addiction Aftercare Programs in Toms River
According to the New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services, there were a total of 69,396 admissions to substance abuse treatment programs in New Jersey in 2018. In Toms River specifically, there were 3,532 admissions to substance abuse treatment programs in the same year. This highlights the need for effective aftercare programs in the area to support individuals in their recovery journey.
Types of Addiction Aftercare Programs
There are various types of aftercare programs available in Toms River, New Jersey to support individuals in their recovery. These include:
1. Outpatient Programs: Outpatient programs offer flexible treatment schedules, allowing individuals to continue their daily obligations while receiving treatment. They typically involve individual and group therapy, as well as education and support services.
2. Sober Living Homes: Sober living homes are group homes for individuals in recovery, providing a safe and supportive living environment. Residents are expected to participate in household chores, attend support groups, and maintain their sobriety.
3. Support Groups: Support groups, such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA), provide a supportive network of individuals in recovery. These groups offer a safe and non-judgmental space for members to share their experiences and support one another.
4. Individual Therapy: Some individuals may benefit from ongoing individual therapy after completing a formal treatment program. Therapists can provide personalized support and address any underlying issues that may contribute to addiction.
Common Disorders Treated in Addiction Aftercare Programs
Addiction aftercare programs in Toms River, New Jersey, can address a variety of disorders. These include:
1. Substance Use Disorders: The most common disorder treated in aftercare programs is substance use disorder. This includes addiction to drugs and alcohol, and aftercare programs can provide ongoing support to maintain sobriety and prevent relapse.
2. Co-occurring Disorders: Many individuals with substance use disorder also have a co-occurring mental health disorder, such as depression or anxiety. Aftercare programs can address both disorders simultaneously for more effective treatment.
3. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): Individuals who have experienced trauma may turn to substances as a coping mechanism. Aftercare programs can help address these underlying issues and provide support for managing PTSD symptoms.
Facts about Addiction Aftercare Programs in Toms River, New Jersey
Here are some additional facts about addiction aftercare programs in Toms River and New Jersey:
1. Aftercare programs have been shown to significantly reduce the risk of relapse, as well as improve overall mental health and social functioning.
2. According to a study by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), individuals who participate in aftercare programs for at least 90 days have a significantly lower rate of relapse compared to those who do not receive aftercare.
3. Treatment providers in New Jersey are required to offer continuing care services, including aftercare, to individuals who have completed a formal treatment program.
4. Many aftercare programs in New Jersey are funded by the state through the Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services, making them accessible to individuals who may not have the financial means to pay for private treatment.
In conclusion, addiction aftercare programs play a crucial role in supporting individuals in their recovery journey in Toms River and in New Jersey. These programs provide ongoing support and services to help individuals maintain their sobriety and successfully transition back into their daily lives. By offering various types of aftercare programs and addressing a range of disorders, these programs are essential in helping individuals achieve long-term recovery.